Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mothers Day from American Impressionist Artist September McGee

Garden Series - Reading in the Garden

This is an oil painting of me and my
daughter in my sisters' garden.
As a single mom reading was one of
our favorite ways to end the day.
  It was always a special
time to bond, learn and just be
together.

Today she is grown and although
I no longer read to her we do share
many special times together and
I treasure each and every one of these moments.

Being a Mom is probably the greatest
honor I have ever been given.
Certainly the road has had its bumps
and lumps, but the journey has been
filled with a love that is unmeasurable
and words have not been formed to
decribe the special feelings I hold
dear in my heart.

I wish all the Moms in the world
a very Happy Mother's Day!

This painting is dear to my heart.
"Reading in the Garden" is part of the
Van Tine Collection.

Blessings,

September McGee