Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to all serving in our Armed Forces and thank you! from American artist September McGee


First Sergeant Harvey E. Walden IV

I was commissioned by Kimberley D. Locke, second runner up on American Idol,
Season 2, to paint her boyfriend,
First Sergeant Harvey E. Walden IV
as a surprise gift for him for Christmas. 
Sgt. Walden served in the United States Marine Corps
for over 20 years as Gunnery Sergeant.
Harvey hails from Chicago and  joined the Marines at age 17! He is now a
fitness trainer on TV's Celebrity Fit Club.

It is always an honor to help surprise someone as a special gift on any occasion
and even more special at Christmastime.  And, don't you love it when a partner goes out of their way to make someone they love feel extra special!!!!!

It was such an honor for me to paint this amazing Marine! I felt blessed.
Each stroke I put on the linen canvas reminded me how thankful I am to everyone who has ever served in our armed forces.  I am so very grateful to each and every one of you serving in our Armed Forces for helping to keep America what it is today.  A country that is free. A county that I am proud to say I live in. 
I am so happy to be an American.

So I wish each and everyone of you in our Armed Forces and your families a very Merry Christmas.  I hope it is filled with joy, laughter and many wonderful memories. And to all of you serving overseas, be safe, we can't wait for you to come home and know that you are in our hearts.

In honor of all our special men and women serving for our country I will be posting more on Harvey and Kimberley and anyone else who wants to join this blog
and share your story for the next five days.  So look for more news on Christmas Day. Merry Christmas Eve to everyone.  Hope Santa brings you all you asked for and more magic and Christmas miracles than your heart can hold.

Merry Christmas!

September McGee


Buy American Art!
Be proud to be an American!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment