Friday, October 12, 2012

BIRTHDAY WISHES AND BRAND NEW IDEAS.

ONE OF MY BIRTHDAY WISHES THIS YEAR  IS TO DO THINGS I HAVE NEVER DONE!

It's been many years since I have painted an oil on gold leaf.  My plan was to do another nude similar to the one I painted years ago.  This piece not only sold right away it remains my top selling nude   print today. 

I AM PROUD TO PRESENT 

         MY NEW RAINY DAY SERIES 

                      ON GOLD LEAF  

                            ...AND.... 

                       SILVER LEAF

Light, as you know, is an integral component of painting, particularly, impressionistic painting.  How the light falls across the image and interplays throughout the piece creates an ambience for the viewer to enjoy as they uncover the artist's message. 


One of the fun things about painting on gold and silver leaf is the contrast created between the two elements...and the painting can change, markedly, just by moving the light upon which it is viewed.

IT'S NEW - IT'S UNIQUE - IT'S FUN!

See from the photographs of each of these oils how the painting changes just by my moving the light when I photographed them.  Almost like the morning to the dusk, these paintings have their unique glow no matter what time of day!


"Rainy Day on Gold Leaf #1"
oil on gold leaf panel, 12" x 9"




                                                      "Rainy Day on Silver Leaf #l"
                                                            oil on silver leaf, 10" x 8"


Hope you enjoy my new fun series.  Let me know!




THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT YEAR AND THE BEST
IS YET TO COME!
BLESSINGS,


                                              September





No comments:

Post a Comment