Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Miraculous Monday from September McGee Studios

"Couch Series - Tawnya #1"

On this Miraculous Monday I wanted to share my new oil painting of this gorgeous woman, inside and out, who posed for me while her husband cooked dinner for us - crab legs and vegetables!..and let's not forget the bubbles!!

How lucky can an artist get? Tawnya posed in another outfit and after a costume change, we moved to their living room to take these pictures. The lighting was perfect and as soon as she sat down, the photos were simply magic!!! This woman has so many different looks and each time she turned her head a new look emerged. This was truly one of those amazing nights artists dream of. YES a truly miraculous evening: great company; fabulous food and taking home treasured photos for creating masterpieces!

I have a penchant for figurative works and I just love to paint women, one of God's loveliest creations! This painting took a while to come to its fruition. Now that I have figured out the composition and palette I am pleased with the results. "Couch Series - Tawyna #1" is an oil on linen, 24" x 18".

Thank you Tawnya. Thank you Mike. You both ROCK!

Monday Blessings,

September McGee


EMAIL ME FOR THE PERSONAL TOUCH: SEPTEMBERMCGEE@GMAIL.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment