Monday, April 18, 2011

Marvelous Monday Creations with American Impressionist Artist September McGee

"Tawyna"
24" x 18" oil on Senso Linen

This is a brand new painting of a gorgeous woman who posed for me with her trumpet.
She was not only beautiful on the outside but on the inside as well...and so was her outfit! 
The ruffles and jacket were so much fun to paint. 
I put the foccus on Tawyna's eyes, which are just captivating
and the light and shadow created in the studio truly lent a wonderful
atmosphere to the piece.

It takes several weeks to create a rendering of this size and work on all the details of the 
hands and instrument. It was truly my privilege to have the opportunity to
paint this lovely woman and it is my honor to get to know her as each
stroke brings the painting to completion.

I present this new painting today to share!  Please enjoy!

Monday Blessings!

September McGee




No comments:

Post a Comment