Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Musings with American Impressionist September McGee

"Beach Series - First Steps"
12" x 9" oil on Italian panel

My new Beach Series paintings are just coming off the easel and I am delighted with the results.  The palette of color is both warm and cool resulting in a loving and peaceful rendering reminiscent of a day at the beach.  First Steps is a painting of a wonderful and lovely woman who is a mother of three!  I was honored to have her pose for me and we used a new beach for our setting here in Southern California.  The piece depicts her youngest baby trying out the feel of the ocean for the very first time and yes taking First Steps!

Any day at the beach is wonderful and this particular day was no exception.  Each of us has fond memories of our days at the shore and it is always my honor to be able to capture these moments in my paintings as they will live on for centuries!!!

My deepest gratitude for the fabulous models!

To view more works go to:  http://www.septembermcgee.com/

and for more information or to have your own painting done for the holidays email:

Monday Blessings!

September McGee

Buy American Art!

1 comment: