Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mothers Day from American Impressionist Artist September McGee

Garden Series - Reading in the Garden

This is an oil painting of me and my
daughter in my sisters' garden.
As a single mom reading was one of
our favorite ways to end the day.
  It was always a special
time to bond, learn and just be
together.

Today she is grown and although
I no longer read to her we do share
many special times together and
I treasure each and every one of these moments.

Being a Mom is probably the greatest
honor I have ever been given.
Certainly the road has had its bumps
and lumps, but the journey has been
filled with a love that is unmeasurable
and words have not been formed to
decribe the special feelings I hold
dear in my heart.

I wish all the Moms in the world
a very Happy Mother's Day!

This painting is dear to my heart.
"Reading in the Garden" is part of the
Van Tine Collection.

Blessings,

September McGee

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely painting! Isn't it wonderful being a mother - it is such a gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day September! What an amazing Mother you are and how lucky Kailee is to have you for her role model. Thank you for sharing your message today with this beautiful painting. Reading to our children is truly one of the brightest memories of our time with them when they were little. Have a Blessed Day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete